THE STRETCH WRAPPER EXPERTS
The stretch wrap equipment page you have requested has been recently upgraded and has been moved.
We are redirecting you to the updated page now. Sorry for the inconvenience.
You will be redirected in 5 Seconds
If you are not automatically redirected then please click here
Wulftec WCA-200 Automatic Stretch Wrapper
Features and Benefits
THREE YEARS UNLIMITED CYCLE WARRANTY:
Wulftec warrants this Automatic stretchwrapper to be free from manufacturing defect for a period of three (3) years with no limit on the number of cycles if installed, maintained, and operated in accordance with factory specifications. As well, Wulftec warrants the ring gear (only) for a period of ten (10) years.
LIFETIME WARRANTY ON PRESTRETCH ROLLERS:
The prestretch rollers located in the carriage are the heart and soul of any wrapping system. Without them in perfect order you dramatically increase film costs, increase film breakage , and potentially stop production all together. Dependent on the application these rubber coated rollers can last for as little as three months before requiring replacement. Competitors rollers are also conveniently considered “wear” items by manufacturers and are not covered by even their basic one or two years warranty. Other manufacturers advertise extra rollers to keep the film in contact with worn rollers to compensate for this. Wulftec has addressed this by not only covering this under their standard warranty but have provided a lifetime warranty against factory defect in material and workmanship, and to perform as required in properly maintained systems.
FILM DELIVERY SYSTEM:
Many manufacturers compromise performance in this the most critical assembly of the machine. This is done in an effort to reduce cost by controlling film application using time delayed on-off switches or outdated technology like wear prone potentiometers. On-off systems do not respond to your load requirements and do not provide immediate and constant compensation. It merely pays out film at an uncontrollable rate without concern for wrapping force or crushing of the load.
The Wulftec system provides the following:
- Integrated control circuitry to provide flexibility in regulating wrapping force.
- Electronic film force release at the start and end of cycle saves time, excess film usage and reduces cycle restarts caused by the film being pulled from corner during start.
- Electronic film tension sensing system provides immediate corner compensation using a linear feedback system.
- Auto-Height is mounted on the carriage top, out of harms way, and is adjustable for overwrap setting. On/Off switch allows quick disabling of the auto height feature if needed.
NO FILM THREADING:
- No need for threading instructions and diagrams here. Wulftec’s No Thread film carriage design allows for the fastest and safest roll change in the industry.
- Simply open carriage gate, lay the film on the gate, and close the gate. IT’S THAT EASY!
- Competitive models will talk of safety while telling you to put your employees fingers in the most dangerous assembly of the machine. Wulftec eliminates this work related accident hazard and the insurance and man hour costs associated with it.
- Lexan safety cover which shields operator from dangerous pinch points and moving rollers when carriage is operating as OSHA and CSA requires.
- All aspects of the frame has been designed and manufactured to meet the harshest industrial applications.
- 25” Ring Gear Drive provides both support and rotation. First made famous on battleship gun turrets the ring gear drive can withstand the harshest of environments while providing the ultimate in load support and smooth trouble free operation.
- 1/2” Precision CRS guide ways are welded into tower providing maximum rigidity and smooth superior carriage guidance. Competitive models use of inaccurate formed towers or structural I beams as the guide way results in carriage jamming or chatter and significantly increases maintenance costs.
Standard Safety Features:
Many of these features are exclusive with Wulftec
- The No film thread carriage and safety cover eliminates the need for hazardous operator exposure to the stretching assembly. Direct or passive threading of this assembly is the leading cause of operator injury with competitive systems. No other manufacturer offers a safer more reliable prestretch carriage.
- Turntable conveyor has all rollers driven on the turntable including the infeed and outfeed transition rollers. This ensures proper transfer of the load on and off the table. With non powered transition rollers provided by competitive models loads have a tendency to hang up during transition as up to 20” worth of travel is not powered.
- Large push / pull Mushroom Emergency E-Stop button for safe control of power.
- A total of three Emergency stop buttons:
- One located on the control panel.
- One remote mounted at the infeed conveyor.
- One remote mounted at the outfeed conveyor.
- Upper and lower chain drive covers eliminate pinch points.
- Two separate #50 chains are used for carriage lifting. With competitive models providing a single chain lift, accidental damage to a chain link does not create a dangerous situation for the operator.
- Manual safety film clamp open/close control button located right at the film clamp allows you to insert the film by disabling the air supply to the clamp.
Operator and Electrical Controls:
- CSA Approval of electrical controls.
- All motors AC with VFD Controllers.
- Simple yet flexible operator controls provide complete command and selection of wrapping parameters. Engraved labels ensure long term ability to operate machine safely and efficiently.
- Automatic Load height sensing system reads the pallet height automatically and controls the film carriage travel regardless of the load height variations.
- Quick disconnects for photoeyes and assemblies are used whenever possible to ensure little downtime and eliminate cross wiring during installation and maintenance.
- Variable rotation speed control adjustment enables you to adapt to unstable or fragile loads.
- Separate spiral up and down speeds allows for faster cycle times by maximizing the upward speed thus increasing throughput and decreasing film usage by as much as 10%.
- Accurate top and bottom wrap selection using independent wrap counters instead of erroneous timer relays, or complicated programming selection, allows the operator to wrap the load efficiently without delay while eliminating film wastage and providing consistent wrapping.
- Siemens S7-300 or Allen Bradley SLC 5/01 PLC “brain” provides maximum flexibility and performance. Most competitors will provide a more obscure PLC which requires special programming hardware and software or use no PLC at all.
- Dynamic braking system provides rapid deceleration of the rotary table during an Emergency stop situation.
- Lockable control panels c/w 24vdc control power system for safety.
Positive Film Clamp and Cut System:
- Wulftec’s exclusive drop away film clamp ensures clean film release by opening inward instead of outward where it would tangle in the wrap over film used to secure the film tail. Competitive machines add unreliable air jets to suspend the leading film tail in the air so that the passing film can wipe it in . With the Wulftec design the passing film actually wraps over the clamp holding the film but as the film clamp opens inward the film is not torn and the clamp slides out from underneath the passing film. The passing film is therefore has already “grabbed” the leading film tail and encapsulated it avoiding a loose “tail” from triggering problems downstream.
- The impulse cut system has a revolutionary design which has a vertical roller bias the film into position for cutting and then the film cut system rotates the film cut wire system into position to cut while never having direct contact with the film. This extends the life of the cut system as without this the life span of the cut wire is dramatically reduced as it typically is broken due to the forces applied by the direct contact of the film during positioning.
- Machines and conveyors are pre-wired and tested before shipping from the manufacturer.
- “Military style” quick disconnect electrical fittings connect modular sections to the control panel allowing for rapid start up without costly field wiring and debugging.
- All wiring is numbered using permanent plastic wiring markers for easy troubleshooting.
Recap of the Wulftec Difference
Standard Features NOT available or optional with competitive machines
- NO-THREAD FILM CARRIAGE.
- All AC motors with VFD (Variable Frequency Drive) Controllers.
- 3 years unlimited cycle automatic machine warranty.
- Lifetime warranty for prestretch rollers.
- 2 remote E-stop stations when infeed and outfeed conveyors are ordered.
- 25” ring gear drive. 10 years warranty.
- Upgraded motors are used so as not to be operated at full capacity.
- Electrical quick disconnects for photoeyes and sub assemblies reduces downtime and eliminate field wiring during installation.
- Drop away film clamp eliminates the need for faulty “air blast” systems competition require to enable the capture of the leading film tail.
- Manual safety film clamp open/close control station allows for safe and simple actuation of the clamp for film insertion.
Copyright © 2003-2005 CAPS Inc. All rights reserved.